COVID UPDATE … effective 8/24/20
As COVID-19 has altered so much in our daily lives … we here at Heartland have altered our operations as well to keep students and faculty safe and healthy to the best of our ability.
Upon our return on 6/1/20, guidelines were determined based on recommendations at that time.
For the 2020/21 school-year, our protocols have been reviewed with the most recent guidance / mandates / best practices provided by IDPH, Iowa DHS, and the CDC.
· Adults will not be allowed beyond the entryway. Adults will be required to wear a mask for drop off / pick up. A staff member will sign your child in, monitor their hand washing, and escort to the classroom. Communication systems will be in place to keep parents informed.
· Children will be screened upon entry. Any temperature above 100.3 will not be admitted. Children with a cough or rash will not be admitted. If your child presents with a fever, cough, rash … they will be excluded for a minimum of 72 hours. Children can return after 72 hours IF:
1) your child has been fever free or symptom free without medication
2) your child continues with symptoms of fever, cough or rash, BUT has been seen be a physician and cleared to return (written note provided)
3) your child continues with symptoms of fever, cough or rash, BUT has been tested for COVID and received a negative result (printed results provided)
Typical exclusions for all other childhood illnesses will remain in place as was previously followed.
We appreciate your support and understanding as we move forward. If you feel you are unable to support these protocols / continue participation in Heartland programming, we understand. While some will feel guidelines have not gone far enough … others may feel they are too restrictive. Please note that guidelines herein are non-negotiable and will remain in place until further notice. (EVERYTHING is subject to change. Closings may occur based on confirmed cases.) We are now, and will continue to, rely on guidance disseminated from those supporting agencies in the medical / science / early childhood field who assist us in establishing our systems. Your child’s signed Enrollment Packet is your acceptance of Heartland mandates (those mandates posted here as well as those on our website). Again, we appreciate your support.